It’s birthday week here on Thoroughly Modern Megan! That’s right, this coming Monday I celebrate my 21st birthday! And it just so happens Lauren over at the little things we do… had a birthday this week, so the fill-in-the-blanks are birthday themed! It couldn’t be more perfect…
1. Birthdays are: a great time to force your parents to tell you the story of your birth.
2. My favorite birthday memory was going to the Indiana State Fair and my dad getting the announcer at the race track to wish me happy birthday.
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is German Chocolate cake. My mom will even break out the sifter for this delicious homemade creation.
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose hot dogs or cheeseburgers, potatoes in some form, and watermelon. It’s usually what I ask for (all my favorite foods).
5. My birthday is on August 16!
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to Hawaii, where I would lay on the beach all day and then attend a luau in my honor.
7. The best gift I’ve ever received for my birthday was the mattress my parents gave me this year. I got it early while they were visiting and it has improved my daily life in ways I can’t even describe.