I’ve been a little off-the-map lately; my first summer school class ends this Wednesday so I’m in a constant state of anxiety until then. It doesn’t quite feel like the weekend, but I am excited for two very special birthdays: my bff Caitlin is turning 21 today, and tomorrow is my cousin Cassidy’s 12th birthday. You can be sure I’ll be eating some cake tomorrow! Now for the fill-in-the-blanks (vacation themed!):
1. My dream vacation would be a trip toEurope, particularly to England, Ireland, France and Italy. Maybe not all on the same trip, but those are all places I hope to travel.
2. The best trip I’ve ever taken was to New York City my senior year of high school. I had been to New York before, but this was the first time I really experienced it. It helps that it was my first time seeing Wicked.
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are snacks, an iPod and GPS (I’m not one for unplanned explorations).
4. The next trip I’m looking forward to is going home [to Kentucky] next Friday. I went home last weekend but got sick, so I’m excited to really have a vacation there. It’s my mom’s birthday on Sunday, and the county fair starts that weekend.
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be John Mayer’s “Continuum.”
6. The biggest disaster I’ve ever encountered while traveling was that tornado we almost ran into when I was a kid on the way to northern Indiana. I’m terrified of tornadoes.
7. My favorite traveling memory is anytime we would visit family when I was a kid. We’d always get to stop somewhere delicious for lunch, and that feeling when you arrive…nothing like it.