This week’s Fill in the Blank Friday is book-themed!
I’m staying overnight in Indianapolis tomorrow and I get to see my Mom on Mother’s Day! Happy Friday!
1. My favorite book growing up was anything by Judy Blume or Lois Lowry. Including by not limited to “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”, “Here’s to You Rachel Robinson”, “Just as Long as We’re Together”, “Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself” (all by Judy Blume), “The Giver”, “Number the Stars” and the Anastasia Krupnik series (all by Lois Lowry).
2. The funniest book I’ve ever read was “The Know-It-All” by A.J. Jacobs.
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is the Bible. Tough one to beat.
4. If you’re looking for a real “tear jerker” you should probably read “The Last Song” by Nicholas Sparks. Forget about Miley Cyrus and the movie, go ahead and read the book.
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Tomie dePaola. My favorite children’s author.
6. The next book on my “to read” list is “Interpreter of Maladies” by Jhumpa Lahiri. I LOVED “Unaccustomed Earth” and I can’t wait to read this one.
7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I’d bring probably three classics that I have always said I would read but have yet to get around to: “Wuthering Heights”, “A Farewell to Arms”, and “Pride and Prejudice”.